At QBE, we dont just provide insurance we make a positive difference in peoples lives. Were committed to helping people and businesses protect themselves from risk, so they can focus on what they do best. We do this by being the most consistent and innovative risk partner for our customers, and a key part of the communities where we operate.
Join our diverse and enthusiastic Finance team in our fast-growing Leeds hub, and become part of a close-knit community of professionals across Finance, Claims, HR and IT. Build your skills and knowledge, make friends and discover opportunities to help you grow in your career, while being empowered to work flexibly and find the right balance so you can realise your full potential.
As our Leeds function continues with its growth plans, we have an opportunity for a Senior Regulatory Accountant to join our team, specifically in our newly-established Reporting Centre of Excellence.
You will manage report production activities ensuring the accuracy and consistency of underlying data, and to liaise with external and internal customers to formulate and implement policy / procedures, whilst overseeing continuous improvementin levels of control and automation, through leveraging our evolving stack of reporting and analytical tools.
Your new role
Given the fast pace and cyclical demand, its important that you already have an in-depth understanding of the workings of a finance department and be driven to succeed.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Regulatory Reporting function to ensure continued subject matter expertise for requirements of evolving regulatory reporting landscape exists within the team
- Contribute to the formulation and ongoing refinement of policies / procedures to ensure operationaleffectiveness in meeting regulatory reporting obligations,on continued basis
- Contribute to and drive continuous improvement activity in Regulatory reporting processes
- Maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders, to ensure service delivery meets customer expectations.
- Motivate and aid the development ofmore junior team membersso as to ensure the required standards of performance as well as knowledge-sharing, thereby minimising single-point dependencies
- Responsible for the completion of specific Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting requirements (Quantitative and Qualitative) in compliance with EIOPA/PRA/NBB/Lloyds rules and guidance
- Proactively interpret regulatory guidance and be a part of the European Operations expert team on regulatory technical guidance
- Design, own and manage SII reporting cycle process and controls including documentation
- Solvency monitoring and presentation of analysis
- Involvement in the production of the Standard Formula
- Development of strong relationships with managers from various departments across European Operations in order to obtain the appropriate information required
- Assisting with ad-hoc regulatory reporting requirements
Your story so far
In order to thrive in the role of aSenior Regulatory Accountanthere at QBE, we would expect you to have working experience in most of the following areas:
- Be a qualified accountant (for example ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Have excellent knowledge of relevant current regulatory reporting requirements in the insurance industry.
- Have worked with different reporting and/or business intelligence tools to manipulate data into specified formats required by regulators
- Can demonstrate experience of structured process improvement / continuous improvement activity
- Be confident building controls into processes.
- Be confident working with and presenting financial information
- Attention to detail strong planning and organisational skills
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders, including experience presenting Solvency II related outputs to different audiences
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Why QBE? At My Best
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, thats why we have created At My Best. Its our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesnt fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you.Its in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know its not just what we do that matters, its how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers.
We welcome applications from all; including individuals who identify as female, all ethnic backgrounds, and physical and mental abilities.
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the worlds leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poors A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBEs gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
If you have a passion to contribute to QBEs vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition team aware should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process.