Our garden centre company continues to expand rapidly and as a result we have heavily invested in building our twelve-person office team. Due to expansion, we are now looking for someone to look after the running of our accounts department while working closely with ourFinance Manager and Office manager. This is a key role within a very talented office team who are running the most successful retail garden centre business in the southwest.
This is an immediate start position that would suit someone who can join our successful team within a short period and take advantage of full training in all aspects of the role. We are looking for a candidate who can confidently run the whole department basedon the below tasks but if you are confident in the majority but need further training in a coupleof area's we would be willing to meet you also.The role includes the following duties:
- Taking over the weekly/ monthly accounts procedures from the Finance Manager
- Producing various financial reports for our garden centre business
- Reporting directly to the Directors and senior business managers
- Carrying out 4 weekly payroll and calculations for 100 employees
- Experience with staff pensions/ government legislation on a range of accounts issues preferred
- Carrying out the full range of accountant functions in relation to the operation of the business
- Assisting on a range of issues and supporting all departments within our head office as part of the administration team including buying, HR, Compliance, etc
- Ad hoc tasks to help with the development of the business such as our new EPOS systems
- This is an in-houserole due to the processing of accounting documents
This role would suit an accountant who is experienced and wants a challenge in their weekly role but also enjoys working as part of a team on a wide range of accounting tasks. Applicants also need attention to detail and a clear working strategy to ensure that all accounts tasks and reports are completed on time each week. Reporting to a very experienced Finance Manager and the directors, you would provide the company with stability, sickness and holiday cover. This role would suit an experienced accountant who can take a hands on approach at running the department.Skills and experience required for this role are:
Details of this role:
- Qualifications/ experience of accounts department within a busy office
- Previous payroll experience would be a strong advantage
- Previous Sage Line 50 experience would be advantage
- Very Good I.T. skills / computer experience with good knowledge of excel spread sheets and word documents
- Good levels of English both spoken and written
- Strong attention to detail and personal organisation
- The role would require applicants to work Monday to Friday with occasional shop floor support needed on key trading weekends throughout the year flexibility to help is an advantage
- We are recruiting the position between £32,500 - £37,500 on a 40 hour week bases however we can be flexible on the number of hours worked.
- Holiday is pro rata based on days worked approx. 28 days
- The role will be supported by full on-site training by our Finance Manager.