The Business & Opportunity:
Fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced business who sell multiple products to the construction industry. With over 50 years experience, we are a market leading and award-winning family business, specialising in supplying a diverse range of door security solutions.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced purchase ledger clerk who is accustomed with processing large volumes of daily transactions. You need to be keen to provide high quality and proactive support to the wider business. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will control the whole of the purchase ledger function as well as assisting with other areas of the department and general finance administration.
This will best suit someone who already possesses experience of a purchase ledger role within an SME.Specific Requirement:
Responsibility for all purchase ledger related tasks including:-
Skills & Experience required:
- Coding and entering of invoices
- Price checking and matching to delivery notes
- Investigating and resolving queries
- Checking all purchase invoices for VAT and eligibility to reclaim tax
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Managing and producing multiple payments runs in the period ready for board review and approval.
Whats on Offer:
- Previous experience in a purchase ledger role, ideally within an SME.
- Accustomed working environment handling high volumes of daily transactions
- Calm, thorough, enthusiastic and organised, with a proven ability to think on their feet.
- Be bold enough to take on challenges and responsibilities.
- Love numbers, be methodical, and prioritise detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, embracing change.
- Be proficient in the use of Excel because they will use it every day
- General office and reception duties
- Flexible enough to cover for holiday leave etc. after relevant training.
- A salary in the region of £20,000-£25,000 dependent on experience.
- A great opportunity to work in a SME, local business who can offer full training and an excellent working environment.
- Potential for future assistance with study support, e.g. AAT, CIMA, ACCA.
- Healthcare, auto-enrolment pension.
- On street parking nearby. Also ample public car parking is available within a few yards of our Leeds based offices, which is just 1 mile from the City centre, hence easily commutable from Leeds, Bradford and much of Yorkshire. Also accessible on public transport.
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays.