We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Supervisor within our Audi Dealership in Worcester. The hours of work are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
This role would ideally suit someone who is looking for a new challenge to utilise their skills across all areas of the accounting function.
Your previous experience will demonstrate your suitability for the role. Role and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for banking, sales and purchase ledgers and petty cash
- Ad-hoc payments (CHAPS/BACS/cheques) - collation and review of all relevant paperwork for authorisation
- Nominal ledger - posting bank, intercompany and other nominal ledger journals
- Produce, distribute and follow-up reports for the management team
- Ensuring Accountant queries are followed up in a timely manner
- Staff Supervision
What we offer
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Have sound knowledge and ability in double entry and reconciliations
- AAT qualified/part qualified or qualified by experience
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to achieve deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with financial and non-financial members of staff
- A self-starting, willing and responsible individual
- Previous motor trade experience and use of ADP would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Group life insurance
- Staff discount on car servicing
- Listers Benefits discounts on retailers, restaurants, cinemas & holidays
- Long service and loyalty incentives
- Staff referral scheme
- In-house, manufacturer & professional qualifications
Founded in 1979, Listers Group stands as one of the largest privately and family-owned motor retailer groups in the UK. Theres a reason why this is the case, actually theres over two and a half thousand reasons, our team. Since the very beginning our success has been a product of the fantastic people that work for us. This is recognised by representing some of the worlds most prestigious car brands across the Midlands, Lincolnshire, Gloucestershire, Norfolk and Yorkshire. We support employees in all areas of the business, whatever your aspirations might be Listers has a career for you.