Join Reynolds Consumer Products...a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace environment in which individual differences are recognized, respected and appreciated. At Reynolds, we provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Freight Pay Manager
to join our team at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL. Your Role:
As a Freight Pay Manager, will collaborate with partners in the field and across various supply chain divisions to execute freight payment management and oversight, as well delivering a strategic productivity agenda. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills and have a passion for using data to drive business decisions. This role manages the Freight Payment execution, responsible for the financial relationship with our 3rd party (common) carriers and our 3rd party Freight Payment Company. The individual will work closely with Finance to support month end accounting execution. This role requires cross-functional collaboration and influence to ensure effective management of Freight Payment.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Own and participate in the execution of freight payment strategic initiatives and driving projects to improve processes.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and drive competence and efficiency through payment optimization with carriers.
- Manages the preparation, reporting, and review of month end reports with Finance.
- Maintain various weekly/monthly freight pay and financial reports.
- Investigates errors or omissions in previously rejected invoicing and works with carriers to resolve outstanding balances.
- Ensure accurate freight payment to carriers.
- Ensure accurate accrual for shipped but unpaid freight.
- Manage relationship with carrier partners (billing & payment).
- Manage relationship with 3rd party Freight Payment organization.
- Domestic and International freight pay experience.
- Talent development and mentoring of freight payment team.
- Ensure proper (SOX compliance) freight payment processes are maintained.
In this exciting role, you will leverage analytics and business judgment to collaborate with department leaders to identify, prioritize and solve complex business problems with clear and concise recommendations to leadership. You will love it here if...
We need you to have:
- You enjoy solving problems
- You pay great attention to detail
- You are a strong leader who enjoys working with a team
- You are organized and good at managing projects
Icing on the cake:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Strong Supply Chain / Freight Payment / Accounting experience, as well as working knowledge of transportation policies and processes.
- 5+ years of experience using reporting tools and technologies (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects, etc.)
- 5+ years of strong understanding of P&L analysis along with other various decision-making financial analysis tools
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
- Accounts Payable & Receivable experience
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience in the consumer product goods (CPG) industry
Want to know more? Check out our website or connect with us on LinkedIn! Apply today to join a fast-growing innovative company!
Not a good fit but know someone who is? Please refer them!
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance available