Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Nelson:
What can you expect?
This role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of key accounts and always ensure high degree of Client service.
What is in it for you?
Marsh strongly believes in "Feeling comfortable bringing your whole self to work is a fundamental right of every colleague ". We offer following benefits to our employees, so they feel valued each day at work: -
- Leading training and development program
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organization
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
We will count on you to:
- Possess and apply a thorough understanding of the client's business, risk management and insurance needs to ensure that our services and programs continue to meet with their needs and expectations
- Work with a portfolio of commercial and corporate clients to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of them and the corresponding business and organisational risk and insurance matters.
- Conduct research and analyses to target new buyer hubs and gain insight as to expansion opportunities strategizing internal offerings and market trends to ideally institutionalize accounts within the business.
- Assist Practice Leader with the preparation, management, implementation and achievement of team/unit business plans and goals
- Meet and exceed service standards agreed in the client's service agreement
- Collaborates with senior level colleagues and project specialists to identify key decision makers, account needs and underlying risks to determine potential services, products and combinations that will best serve and address client business objectives, business compliance so as to expand accounts.
- Maintain an active and direct involvement in all claims related matters
- Contribute towards the Company's profit objectives through the effective management and attainment of revenue and expense budgets.
- Attends and participates in industry events and conferences to build up a strong professional network, maintain proximity to the relevant market and represent the Company.
- Contribute to the achievement of Practice and Team business plans and objectives.
What you need to have:
- Experienced in working with commercial organisations
- Be confident interacting and presenting to clients at board level
- Be willing to work towards completion of qualifications in line with new competency requirements for financial advisors.
- Confident in communicating with senior client contacts.
- Travel may be required on occasion
What makes you stand out:
- Senior Associate of ANZIIF or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess and maintain up to date technical knowledge of multiple commercial and corporate classes of insurance and relevant legislation
- Be able to credibly discuss relevant, current risk issues.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 81,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $19 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.
For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
Apply now, by sending your resume and cover letter to Harveen Bhinder by using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in New Zealand. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Marsh we recognise that our people have different priorities and commitments. We are passionate about providing an inclusive workplace that supports all our employees in managing those priorities, and we celebrate the diversity of all the family groups that make up our extended Marsh family.
Marsh is proud to be an accredited Family Friendly Workplace www.familyfriendlyworkplaces.com, and a Work 180 endorsed employer. For information on the benefits and policies at Marsh visit www.work180.com and search "Marsh" under endorsed employers.