Role - Analyst, Management Accounting Opportunity - Permanent Location - SydneyREADY FOR ANYTHING -
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything' mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We're brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything. Job description:
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to manage the provision of financial reporting and performance analysis to meet the internal and external requirements of the RACV portfolio. This is an exciting role with some great opportunities to grow within the organization.Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- Coordinate the provision of forward-looking consolidated P&L reporting and performance analysis specific to this portfolio focused on key business drivers, ensuring stakeholders understand how they are tracking towards financial targets.
- Coordinate the provision of consolidated financial reporting that meets all internal and external reporting requirements of the portfolio including Executive reporting (i.e. commentary for Investor report, board reporting, QPR/MPR inputs, management reporting, monthly GWP reporting etc.)
- Coordinate the budgeting and forecasting process for this portfolio, supporting the identification of recommendations which enable the achievement of (and/or close any gaps in) business plans, operational performance and strategic targets.
- Manage the provision of advanced financial support for initiatives and projects (non-Investment Slate) for this portfolio, including scenario modelling, sensitivity analysis and deep dive financial analysis
- Develop, manage and maintain key stakeholder relationships within the portfolio to enable a strategic financial business partnering relationship
- Coordinate the GWP, PIF/RIF and Customer reporting process for this portfolio
- Coordinate provide price/ volume data extraction and reporting relevant to this portfolio
- Support the unclosed business process between Actuarial and Financial Control teams relevant to this portfolio to provide visibility to portfolio Leadership Teams on how the business is tracking towards financial targets
- Perform regular cost allocation reviews and explaining how costs are allocated to P&Ls
- Assist with broader IMA deliverables, including SLA reviews and reporting, business plan preparation, CEO reporting and half year and full year deliverables
- Assistance with broader activities of the SME, RACV and CTP finance function
Ready for anything? Let's talk.
- Financial Services expertise required, preferably within Insurance
- Experience in finance and accounting including financial management/reporting, technical accounting knowledge, and business commerciality
- Understanding of business and financial impacts of operational decisions
- Knowledge of finance reporting systems and frameworks
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask, adhere to deadlines and perform under pressure
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications, i.e. Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified (or on the path to completion)
- Relevant professional membership and certifications
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'! Applications close on 25th November.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success.
We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours.We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.
IAG Culture story
The IAG way