Darigold is seeking a Site Controller to be a key member and business partner with the operations team located at their manufacturing plant in Sunnyside Washington. The Sunnyside manufacturing plant is an important asset producing a variety milk ingredient products including cheese and powder for distribution in the Pacific Northwest and around the world. The Site Controller role is responsible for internal controls, the month-end close, and supporting the management team with information and analytics on plant costs, inventory management, and continuous improvement opportunities. Success factors include the desire and ability to plan, organize and provide analysis in all phases of the accounting process to assure the facility has the tools needed to operate in an efficient & profitable manner. The Site Controller will report to Darigold’s Accounting Operations Lead at the Corporate Office providing services and support to the local plant management team.
Benefits of Working at Darigold
We understand that as an employee, benefits that support you and your family in and out of work are important. We’re proud to offer eligible positions a competitive total rewards package – that includes:
- Employer 401K contribution of up to 9%
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
- Employer paid life & disability coverage
- Paid time off and paid Holidays
- 8 weeks paid paternal Leave
- Education assistance
- Flexible (hybrid) working arrangement
- Community giving through matching donations
- Access to great dairy products & participation in our employee butter purchase program
What you will do:
- Data Integrity – Ensure that plant activity for production, shipments, plant expenses, and inventory adjustments are recorded timely and accurately so that information in our systems can be relied upon for accounting, financial reporting, supply chain execution, and analysis (e.g. manufacturing losses).
- General Accounting: Ensure compliance with Darigold policies and procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP with respect to period recognition of costs, capital vs. expense, accruals, etc. Implement Standard Operating Procedures and make recommendations to improve them for potential adoption across all plants.
- Internal Controls – Assess execution of local internal control practices that support accurate financial reporting, data integrity, and safeguarding of assets.
- Cost Accounting - Responsible for monthly accounting close and reporting cycle, including inventory reconciliations and valuation, production reporting, key statistical entries, manufacturing variances and other financial reporting requirements. Responsible for preparation and/or review of local account reconciliations.
- Management and Supervision - Manages the functions of the Plant Finance Department. This includes direct supervision of Plant Finance employees. Expected to leverage strengths of current finance team members while maximizing their growth and contributions to the team.
- Planning & Forecasting- Coordinate the plant Annual Operating Plan (AOP) with preparation of the plant budget, monthly spend forecasts, and ongoing reporting and analysis of actual costs vs, budget, key drivers of variances, and identifying opportunities for cost management.
- Reporting - Responsible for monthly journal entries. Overhead analysis and reporting; including labor and overhead. Issue timely and complete financial statements. Participate in plant problem solving and Continuous Improvement (CI) teams as finance subject matter expert by providing manufacturing support and analysis in such areas as process performance, line efficiency, capital spending, inventory management, customer service objectives, production costing, and cost reduction
- Special Projects – Lead or assist special projects from time to time as part of the Corporate Finance team.
What you will bring:
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Strong cost and/or inventory control experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP and design of internal controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Understanding of computer driven process controls and enterprise resource systems in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with an analytical methodology
- Proficient in Excel
What you will need:
- Accounting/Finance Degree
- 5 plus years combined experience in accounting
- Extensive management and supervisory experience
- Extensive experience in a Manufacturing Company.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving our vision to Lead Dairy Forward requires cultivating and supporting a team with varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing a workplace based on mutual respect where all employees feel included and can bring their best and authentic selves to work every day.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify - please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.