Purpose of the Job:
To perform cost analyses in order to manage cost to maximise profitability for the business by ensuring the reliability, completeness and accuracy of financial information. Ensure the use of accurate cost reporting within the organisation for optimal decision-making to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business operations.
Education, experience, and competencies required:
- Grade 12 / Matric / Equivalent.
- Bcom degree Finance or Accounting.
- CIMA qualification is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years cost and management accounting in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Computer literacy (MS Suite - intermediate to advanced).
- Basic NAV experience.
- A strong analytical ability with excellent numerical skills.
- Performance-driven and deadline-oriented individual.
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Disciplined and time conscious.
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and deal with complexities, use initiative to solve problems
Key Performance Areas:
Desired Skills: Desired Work Experience:
- Monthly management accounting and reporting.
- Budgeting: Provide input and information in order to assist with the preparation for budget.
- Production Cost Management and Analyses - Analyse manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- General Cost Management: Review, report and provide feedback on actual expenditure.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a standard costing.
- Ensure monthly reasonability checks.
- Regular updates of transfer prices, raw material prices and reporting on significant deviations.
- Develop manufacturing analysis report and analysing production variance.
- Manufacturing cycle, changeover time, yield and capacity utilization.
- Accounting for BOM and reporting on it.
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory processes.
- Monitoring inventory transactions and ensuring ERP is live and accurate.
- Assist in the process of periodic stock counts.
- Management of recovery costs within Business Units.
- Development of an Automated Costing System.