Capstone Financial Advisors has an immediate opening for a Senior Tax Accountant with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
If you’re a looking to make a difference in people’s lives, working as a Senior Tax Accountant at Capstone Financial Advisors might be right for you.
We are a fee-only, independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), providing high-net-worth clients wealth management services tailored to their unique circumstances. We are also 100% employee owned.
Capstone is actively growing in ways that allow us to maintain our personalized service. It’s not just about getting bigger. It’s about getting better.
When you’re at Capstone, you’ll experience professional and personal growth supported by a structured career path.
Tax compliance and planning are long-standing and integral parts of Capstone’s total client service offering.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing and reviewing individual, trust, partnership, and corporate tax returns, calculating and processing estimated tax payments, assisting with tax notice reviews, and tax law research. The position will also support the firm’s Tax Services team expansion.
- Prepare complex federal and state tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations
- Review federal and state tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations
- Coordinate with Capstone’s Wealth Advisors to gather and organize client information and tax documents; resolve tax-related issues
- Assist with gathering information and drafting a response for client IRS and state tax notices to help resolve tax-related issues.
- Prepare projections, calculate and process estimated tax payments, and perform general tax planning duties
- Understand and research basic to moderately complex tax concepts and their applicability to client situations; communicate to Wealth Advisor after review by supervisors.
- Assist with tax audits and perform other tax department-related duties as necessary
- Ensure client adherence to compliance related deadlines, such as, extensions and estimated tax payments
- Interact effectively with Wealth Advisors, Financial Planners, and Client Service Specialists
- Proactively recommend and implement internal process improvements
- Keep current with tax changes
- Assist in managing seasonal tax employees
- 3-5 years of tax preparation experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, economics, or related field
- Experience with high-net-worth clients a plus
- Extremely detail-oriented, analytical, strong focus on accuracy
- CPA Designation
- Experience with Lacerte a plus
- Self-starter, organized, able to set priorities with a strong work ethic
- High integrity, positive attitude, team player
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills; client facing experience
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local tax laws and issues
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Application
Salary & Benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
- Parental leave
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site, health club membership
- Paid Time Off
- Reimbursement for relevant professional membership fees and professional certification and continuing education costs
Recent Capstone Accolades
- 2021 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors by Investment News
- 2021 Best Places to Work in Illinois
- 2022 Best Places to Work in Illinois
Capstone Financial Advisors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.