Cost and Management Accountant
Market related salary offered
Our client is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced Cost and Management Accountant who should have a CIMA qualification with at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing company as a Cost and Management Accountant.
Duties will encompass the following:
- To perform cost analyses in order to manage cost to maximise profitability for the business by ensuring the reliability, completeness and accuracy of financial information.
- Ensure the use of accurate cost reporting within the organisation for optimal decision-making to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business operations.
- Monthly management accounting and reporting.
- Budgeting: Provide input and information in order to assist with the preparation for budget.
- Production Cost Management and Analyses - Analyse manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- General Cost Management: Review, report and provide feedback on actual expenditure.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a standard costing.
- Ensure monthly reasonability checks.
- Regular updates of transfer prices, raw material prices and reporting on significant deviations.
- Develop manufacturing analysis report and analysing production variance.
- Manufacturing cycle, changeover time, yield and capacity utilization.
- Accounting for BOM and reporting on it.
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory processes.
- Monitoring inventory transactions and ensuring ERP is live and accurate.
- Assist in the process of periodic stock counts.
- Management of recovery costs within Business Units.
- Development of an Automated Costing System.
BCom Degree Finance or Accounting.
- CIMA qualification is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years cost and management accounting in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Computer literacy (MS Suite - intermediate to advanced).
- Basic NAV experience.
- A strong analytical ability with excellent numerical skills.
- Performance-driven and deadline-oriented individual.
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Disciplined and time conscious.
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and deal with complexities, use initiative to solve problems.
Closing date: 14 November 2022, please submit your resume to [Email Address Removed] Desired Skills:
Desired Work Experience: Desired Qualification Level: About The Employer:
- CIMA qualification
- manufacturing experience.
- cost and management accounting
- Accounting for BOM
- NAV literate
- Advanced Ms Excel
manufacturing Employer & Job Benefits: