Capstone Financial Advisors is looking for an experienced Tax Preparer to join our seasonal tax team. We are a fee-only, independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) that provides high net worth clients with financial planning services. Tax compliance and planning are long-standing and integral parts of Capstone’s total client service offering.
The Seasonal Tax Preparer will be responsible for preparing complex individual, trust, and partnership tax returns as well as calculating estimated tax payments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare complex federal and state tax returns for individuals, trusts, and partnerships
- Coordinate with Capstone’s Wealth Advisors to gather and organize client information and tax documents
- Calculate estimated tax payments Interact well with Wealth Advisors, Financial Planners, and Client Service
- Specialists Proactively recommend and implement internal process improvements
- 3+ years of tax preparation experience
- CPA or EA designation preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented, analytical, strong focus on accuracy
- Experience with high-net-worth clients a plus
- Self-starter, organized, able to set priorities High integrity, positive attitude, team player
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications Able to work 40 hours per week
- Must have availability to work mid-February through mid-April