As an Accounting Manager
, you will manage all aspects of financial accounting functions for CenterWell Home Health.
- Oversees accurate/timely completion of monthly closings and financial report preparation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and account analysis review.
- Coordinates systems development, implementation, revision of policies/procedures to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Monitors compliance with Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) as a requirement to our settlement with government regarding certain allegations relating to Medicare and our cost report filings. Ensures strict compliance with accounting policies in the recording and payment of certain types of expenses and other transactions to ensure no misappropriation of costs to the Medicare program. Supports several internal/external audits to verify compliance with CIA. Fulfills requirements under agreement to report any non-compliant activity/personnel to Chief Compliance Officer for further investigation and follow-up.
- Interfaces with Operation Controllers and field/corporate line management to resolve Statement of Income issues and provide education on Company accounting methodologies, corporate allocations, operating procedures, etc.
- Manages monthly general ledger close, preparation of financial statements and resolves Statement of Income variations for assigned business and financial statement sections. Reviews journal entries and financial information prepared by staff and ensures accuracy/completeness of financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensures proper control environment over general ledger activity through development/implementation of appropriate policy/procedures.
- Review/approves Asset and Liability account analysis to ensure proper statement of Company's financial position.
- Coordinates preparation of reports, etc in support of external audit requests and works with auditors to resolve any issues and provides supporting documentation.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Interviews, hires, terminates and evaluates staff performance.
- Participates in implementing/maintaining operational processes to ensure compliance with Company policies, legal requirements and regulatory mandates.
- Project management of report development, process improvement and various other company initiatives impacting scope of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting plus a minimum of five years general accounting experience including two years in a supervisory role required.
- This position must have excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management/staff.
- Must also have excellent analytical and computer abilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination.