About the Job
As an Inspector General Auditor with the CIA, you will conduct performance, financial statement, financial-related, and information systems audits of CIA programs and activities.
Inspector General (IG) Auditor responsibilities include developing and writing audit guides; developing and documenting audit findings in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards; and developing audit conclusions and recommendations designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CIA operations. Auditors will also conduct or support other OIG functions as required. Travel may be required.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
Read more about diversity and inclusion
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
Learn more about working at CIA
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Management
- Information Systems
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply Government Auditing Standards, discern key issues, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degrees
- Professional Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified Information System Auditors
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in government auditing, accounting or information systems
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
For more information and to apply, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.cia.gov/careers/jobs/inspector-general-auditor/