Requisition Id 9196
Overview: We are seeking to hire a Senior Compliance Accountant who will focus on assessing the effectiveness of the internal control system over financial reporting, including managing the activities involved with the annual process of risk analysis, documentation review, testing of internal controls, and reporting results to the Department of Energy.
- Coordinate the risk rating activities performed by process owners, including setting the schedule, directing the process owners, ensuring timeliness and reporting the results to DOE
- Support staff and management in the identification of internal controls when new processes or systems are implemented.
- Support process owners with A123 process documentation including the development of new or revised internal control test plans.
- Remain current in knowledge of laws and regulations as it relates to DOE A123 requirements
- Liaise with DOE site offices, service centers and headquarters of DOE regarding A123 submissions
- Liaise with Managers outside direct organization to accomplish requirements of A123
- Review for effectiveness and conduct tests of process controls
- Aid in the development of corrective action plans as required
- Report testing results to DOE utilizing the AMERICA tool
- Plan testing activities to meet the reporting requirements of DOE
- Provide in depth A123 training for process and control owners including management
- Update and maintain A123 data files for internal use
- Maintain the content and security of the A123 SharePoint website
- Prepare the Financial Management Systems (FMS) evaluations in the Entity section of America
- Provide A123 data to external auditors as needed
- Respond to queries from Internal Audit on matters related to A123 controls and documentation
- Identify and implement process improvements and efficiency opportunities.
- Participate or complete special projects as assigned including process assessments.
- Effectively work as a member of a team while maintaining a positive and willing attitude and perform in a customer service-oriented manner.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
- Maintain strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a business-related field and 5-7 years relevant experience in the areas of Accounting and Compliance.
- Excellent attention to detail and well-developed written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must be a self-starter and take ownership of processes and deliverables.
- Requires proficiency in applying accounting principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must have the ability to analyze scenarios and research complicated problems and formulate solutions.
- Position requires excellent human relations skills that promote effective and positive interactions with a diverse group of others, both internal and external to company.
- Candidate should have the ability to become familiar with the ORNL accounting system, DOE Order requirements and external business applications to proficiently perform responsible tasks.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Share Point, and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Master’s Degree or CPA/CGMA designation.
- Knowledge of UT-Battelle and DOE accounting systems, policies, and procedures is desired.
- Experience with SAP and a working knowledge of Visio and Access is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Office of Management and Budget Circulars A-123.
Measures of Effectiveness:
- Successfully performs assigned responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Successfully completes special projects as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient use of UT-Battelle and DOE accounting systems to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Works effectively with others, both internal and external to ORNL.
- Effective and efficient resolution of problems and/or issues that arise.
- Keeps management informed of any issues that arise which may have an impact on successful and/or compliant operations.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.