Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Aspiring to help people live healthier lives isn't just a goal we're after - it's the only thing we're after. And we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Rebate Performance Manager with OptumRx, you'll work on an elite team with experts who are guiding our success and writing our future. Learn more by applying today!
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Understanding, driving, and owning the financial model of pharmacy rebate transactions with our customers
- Reviewing the results of profitability analyses
- Driving projects that come out of profitability observations to completion
- Working with IT developers to refine and redefine our model, tools, reporting and interfaces
- Develop performance indicators, scorecards, and dashboards and work with counterparts to identify methods to collect and analyze such indicators.
- Building relationships and sharing perspectives with our counterparts from Finance, Rebate Analytics, Account Managers, Rebate Disbursements, Underwriting and other stakeholders in the business
- Addressing ad-hoc accounting and client related requests
- Analytical involvement in the monthly/quarterly accounting and financial reporting processes
- Develop and lead innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform work in a self-directed manner
- Contribute to building a collaborative culture that is a great place to work
- Mentor and collaborate with team members
- Demonstrate attention to details and effective multi-tasking
- Contribute to team initiatives and reporting needs as requested
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of Accounting, FP&A, or systems development experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- CPA, MBA or CFA
- Experience with Systems development
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with SQL or other coding language
- Skilled in multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Ability to identify weak points in processes and organizational structures
- Detailed and well organized
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Works independently in a self-directed manner
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Proven analytic skills with large data sets
- Proven communication skills with ability to relay financial findings in a clear and concise manner
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.