Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide deep financial analysis for our retail channel including volume, revenue, COGS, margin and rate-based drivers
- Lead a team of analysts and become the experts for understanding the profitability of our retail channel
- Develop robust financial models to understand trends in profitability using detailed claim adjudication data
- Demonstrate ability to assess and measure critical business drivers in a business engine comprised of a large number of dynamic variables
- Transform the existing relationship between the Finance team and the Industry Relations team to jointly design strategic opportunities to initiate additional margin growth
- Develop actionable recommendations supported by metrics and/or financial data
- Create and maintain a tight alignment with the pricing team and become active participants in understanding client renewal cycles and the overall financial implications to the network margin
- Oversee preparation and analysis of retail channel budgets, forecasts, business and operational plans including presenting financial narratives, metrics, and recommendations to business leaders
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial and operational data, ensuring best practices
- Interface and collaborate with stakeholders across the broad organization to supporting analytic needs to drive discipline and rigor in business planning and performance
- Demonstrate strong leadership, company values, and communication skills with ability to relate to all levels of the enterprise
- Lead and develop team members, manage workload, training, performance evaluation, and building effective teams
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in multiple Finance disciplines
- 5+ years of managerial and leadership experience of a broad spectrum of professional finance staff (e.g. accounting, medical analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, actuarial, underwriting, etc.)
- Healthcare experience
- Experience partnering with, leading and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- Experience working with analytical skills; experience quickly aggregating and analyzing information and draw conclusions; experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Experience in developing, executing, and evolving large scale strategies and capabilities
- Solid working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- PBM Experience
- CRM experience (Salesforce, etc.)
- Knowledge in Power BI or Tableau
- Knowledge in Data Query Tools and skills
- Knowledge in Essbase
- Advanced analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.