About the Role:
As the Senior Finance Director for Optum Ireland you will be responsible for driving the financial strategy for Ireland Operations. Our Finance Directors generate forecasts, and analyze trends in sales, SG&A, premium yields and other areas of business.
In addition, you will research economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning and partner with upper management when presenting consequent recommendations. There will also be responsibilities such as team management, budget planning and analysis Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Works closely with Group Accounting Policy and Corporate tax to drive financial strategy and execution for the unit.
- Knows where to obtain all relevant data and uses financial reporting software to efficiently meet the reporting needs of management
- Understands and incorporates industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions
- Produces clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message
- Leads in the financial management of capital, operating expense and develops metrics, benchmarks and analytics to guide the appropriate investment in infrastructure
- Lead a team that develops and maintains financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Bring leading, innovative ideas to Optum Ireland
- Assure flawless operational execution for new initiatives
- Responsible for leading a successful team
- Oversee FP&A and Audit teams in Ireland
- Qualified Accountant - (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Experience in Multinational Financial operations team.
- Group Reporting Accounting experience
- FP&A and Business Accounting Experience
- Considerable experience in preparing Senior level presentations and reports
- Demonstrated years of supervisory / leadership experience
- Previous experience leading a team
- Knowledge of US GAAP Reporting
Please note you must currently be eligible to work without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
- Experience with US10-K reporting
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.