is currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Associate
in Birmingham, AL.
The Accounts Receivable department is responsible for establishing customer credit, receiving customer payments for allocation to invoices and ledger accounts and contacting customers to discuss unpaid invoices. This department is also responsible for maintaining customer payment records.Basic Qualifications
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Zero to one years' experience required (experience is preferred)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Accounts Receivable field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with direct supervision
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge preferred
- Join an industry leader. Altec's primary products - Made in America - can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians.
- Maintain career focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Competitive Compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive Benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
• Post customer payments into Accounting systems
• Daily office functions
• Daily runs to post office, knowledge of operating postage and inserter machine
• Processing mail
• Review customer accounts
• Review monthly statements for open invoices
• Update and maintain customer information database
• Assists in monthly closings and performs data entry as needed
• Assists with special projects as necessary
• Contact customers about invoice status
The successful associate will be extremely detail oriented, customer service oriented, with the abilty to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships. The position requires a motivated, goal oriented and persistent team member.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.