Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Financial Analyst will bring a combination of analytical ability and critical thought to several financial areas, driving business objectives and maintaining a thorough and rigorous system of analysis to support the finance department's goals and objectives. As a member of this team, the position will have exposure to all aspects of naviHealth's business model and be immersed in the rapidly growing value-based care vertical of the healthcare industry.
If you are located in Nashville, TN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare insightful monthly financial and business performance reporting for senior management, executive leadership, and external parties
- Create detailed operational and financial forecast and budget models that inform near-term and long-term business initiatives
- Work closely with senior leadership to build and develop core financial analysis to drive decisions throughout the organization
- Analyze budget variances in revenue, expense, and KPIs to help drive optimal performance
- Initiate and execute proactive ad-hoc financial analyses that aide in strategic discussions
- Work closely with finance leadership to deliver accurate, informative and impactful analyses to the organization
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial modeling skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of work experience in finance or a related field
- Healthcare experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with all levels
- Excellent work ethic and must be proactive/self-starter that works well independently
- Proficient oral and written communication skills and ability to synthesize and present complex information
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.