UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There comes a point when you have developed your perspective and are ready to and start leading and guiding. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Provider networks across the health care system are becoming more efficient and effective everyday thanks to companies like UnitedHealth Group and people like you. Here's an opportunity to put your expertise to work in new ways as you help strike the balance between health care costs and resources. Managing a team responsible for performing unit cost and contract valuation analysis, you'll ensure that health care contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located in Eastern and Central Time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Support and validate provider network contracting and unit cost management
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Review work performed by others and recommend improvements
- Create solutions with unfamiliar information and without typical tools -‘out of the box' thinking
- Develop functional, market level and/or site strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
- Work with claims, member and risk scoring data to understand and explain population results at a provider level
This role has wide ranging impact and challenge. You'll be responsible for partnering with health plans to provide analytics and consultation to local market health plans to provide optimal, affordable care for our members.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools to perform financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 5+ years of experience working with large databases to produce a focused analysis with proficiency in MS Excel for data manipulation and reporting
- 5+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and health care products
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, Rev Code, DRG, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual.
We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm) Connecticut Residents Only:
The salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.