A stable company with a great reputation is looking to hire a Junior Accountant. There is significant opportunity here to expand your knowledge in accounting and professionally develop as time goes on by working alongside an experienced team. This is an ideal hybrid position that offers exposure to different areas in accounting!
The ideal candidate will be organized and motivated, with outstanding problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight. Ideal candidates will also be eager to learn and expand their skills, and be willing to take on new responsibilities as the company continues to expand! COMPANY BENEFITS:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Offering medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k with matching
- Ideal work environment - Great team and a family-oriented atmosphere
- Paid time off and a favorable work/life balance!
- Company events and employee recognition
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Responsibilities - Accounts Payable
• Review, code and obtain approvals for the payment of vendor invoices
• Enter vendor invoices in accounting system and prepare checks
• Request W-9's where applicable; Prepare and print annual 1099's
• Filing and maintenance of accounts payable files
• Research and resolve vendor inquiries
• Prepare journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis
- Responsibilities - Accounts Receivable
• Assist Accounts Receivable Manager with collection efforts
• Assist with tax filings and inventory reconciliations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounting role or internship
- Strong MS Word and MS Excel skills
- Experience working with accounting systems
- Great personality - This role is very collaborative, so personality is important!
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal