Are you an Experienced Corporate Accountant looking for a new opportunity in the Birmingham area? If so, let Vaco introduce you to one of our most stable clients. The Experienced Corporate Accountant will assist with all aspects of the company's general ledger/accounting function. More specifically, this person will be responsible for assisting with account reconciliations, posting journal entries, cash reporting/management, and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have solid fundamental accounting skills, will be a team-player, and will have the desire to learn and grow. If this sounds like you, please apply today.
* Assist with month-end close procedures and accounting procedures such as reconciliations, journal entries, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, variance analysis, etc.
* Work directly with the Corporate Controller on cash reporting, cash processing, A/P, etc.
* Assist with the year-end external audit
* Improve processes and procedures as it relates to the accounting department
* Handle basic tax compliance tasks
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* 5+ years of working experience in a corporate accounting setting
* Great baseline understanding of GAAP and transactional accounting
* Experienced in the Microsoft Office suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communicative skills, as well as problem-solving/critical thinking skills