Mātanga Pēke | Banking Specialist, Cameron Road Branch - Tauranga Moana
- Cameron Road Branch, Tauranga
- Full time, Permanent position
- Monday to Friday
Mō te Tūranga - About the role
As the Banking Specialist you will be responsible for identifying existing and new Westpac customer's banking needs, including personal and home lending requirements. You will listen and provide advice and solutions to the customer to meet these needs, ensuring all information is collected in accordance with regulations and policies. You will also be responsible for proactively identifying new opportunities to provide further advice and solutions regarding their financial aspirations to retain our valuable customers.
You will create a customer experience that is gold class every time by being empathetic, trusted and knowledgeable in your interactions. Having a growth mindset to keep imagining and developing the bank in new ways and your career will set you up for success as a Banking Specialist.
Westpac Hei Wāhi Mahi - Working at Westpac
At Westpac, our mission is to have New Zealand's best professionals, to be recognised as a place where talent is developed to its fullest potential. You will be immersed in an extensive 12-week training programme through our Banking Academy where you will learn the foundations of banking including but not limited to our products and services, online customer applications and general banking enquires.
We are committed to your professional growth and will invest in your continuous improvement and ongoing development. Throughout your career as a Banking Specialist, you will have the opportunity to upskill on the job by progressing through your Credit Authority Levels. At each level you will be able to take on more complex queries to become an expert banking professional. You will start by assisting with basic lending applications and progress through to more complex residential lending applications.
The Banking Specialist role will lead you down multiple career pathways where you will be supported to be your best at every level. You can continue your lending journey to progress to a Personal Manager or Mobile Mortgage Manager and eventually into branch leadership or move into the Business Lending section.
Nā tāu rourou - What you'll bring?
Attitude and presence are just as important to us as your background skills and experience. Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to guide individuals to fast and effective outcomes is essential. In addition, you will bring:
- An interest in/or previous experience in Banking or Finance
- Confident in learning new digital platforms and tech savvy
- Prior experience in a customer service role is essential
- You are a critical thinker always looking for ways that best supports the customers financial needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- An understanding of credit risk and lending principles (residential lending) preferred but not essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Strong existing connections and rapport in the local community would be advantageous
Nā mātou te rourou - What you'll get
- 4 weeks standard holiday 5 additional days of wellbeing leave
- Purchased leave options up to 4 weeks per year
- Exclusive Banking benefits and insurance discounts
- Environmental and community care programmes
- Generous parental leave - and top up government paid parental leave
- School holiday subsidy - help you balance work and family during school holidays
The people of Aotearoa, New Zealand hail from many cultures and backgrounds. At Westpac New Zealand, we draw on this enormous talent pool to cultivate a team rich in ability and empowered to reach its full potential. Our aim is to be brave challengers, celebrating our differences and relentlessly advocating for our customers. It starts with us - we believe that when we care deeply and do our best for our people, they'll do their best for our customers. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply - your attitude and passion are as important to us as your experience and capabilities.
Mahi tahi tātou, kaha ake tātou - Together Greater
Ngā mahi hei mahi ināianei - Next Steps
Apply online via the link on this page with a CV and cover letter.
To be considered for the Banking Specialist role you must apply online and be eligible to live and work in NZ indefinitely.