We are looking for a specialist Christian and Gospel (C&G) Artist & Label Partnerships Manager. In this role you'll ensure that C&G artists, artist managers, and labels see Spotify as the #1 partner for artist development, promotion and monetization. Focusing on the Sub-Saharan music landscape, you will work closely with the local team to implement pivotal initiatives as well as with your international counterparts on multi-market campaigns. Our ideal candidate has fun at work and a desire to make a positive impact on the music industry.
This role is based in Johannesburg.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain outstanding partnerships across the artist and label community and advocate for Spotify's interests externally within the creator community
- Support and educate key partners on Spotify tools and resources to encourage them and increase their daily business
- Understand and gain insight of content consumption, user engagement and behaviors by analyzing data and analytics
- Work with the Lead Editor to define and implement a clear C&G music strategy, sought at super-serving users, identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for the C&G music sub-genres, curate, analyze and maintain many playlists for a variety of audiences, moods, and moments. Build and implement programming/promotional strategies based on performance indicators
- Ensure Spotify has the best possible content offering in the market, and use this to further Spotify's appeal to existing and new users
- Ensure priority releases in your territory are available on Spotify from day one
- Collaborate with the global music teams, as well as local and global editorial teams, to ensure content strategies are localized and successfully executed
- Work cross-functionally to attain strategic company goals
- Prioritize virtual and live conferences, attend events and conferences. Some travel required
Who You Are
- 5+ years' experience within an established digital music service, record label, or at a media company in South Africa.
- You possess a flawless level of written and spoken English
- Consistent record in music marketing and operations, a deep understanding of the local music industry, and have built relevant contacts with labels and artists
- Strong music and technology background; you are fully conversant in the latest digital marketing techniques and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals
- Familiar with content management systems and supply chain processes
- Well organized, dedicated, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight timings and pay outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent negotiating, presentation and social skills
- Finally, you're an excellent teammate and always have a positive and low ego demeanor
Where You'll Be
- This role is based in Johannesburg
Link copied to clipboard.
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Please attach your resume in English.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service.