Start Date: 02. October 2023
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world.
When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 3 year programme where you develop your professional skills, build your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best.
We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future.
By the end of the programme, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, you will know about the Airbus business, the opportunities, challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great.
Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world.
If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
What you will be doing:
You’ll be on a three year scheme consisting of six month placements. The placements are structured to give you the tailored experience required to gain CIMA membership status, building from fundamental finance in the first year to complex finance roles by your third year. The role is based in the UK and will involve placements in Bristol, Broughton, and other transnational Airbus sites (such as Hamburg and Toulouse).
Below is an example of the structure of the Finance programme:
- Year 1 - Cost Accounting (Filton)/ A330 Manufacturing Controlling (Broughton)
- Year 2 – Central Planning and Reporting (Toulouse)/ Engineering Controlling (Filton)
- Year 3 – Programme Controlling (Toulouse)/ Quality Controlling (Broughton)
You will undertake the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional qualification. You will be supported financially as well as given sufficient study leave. Airbus is an accredited CIMA training programme provider as well as offering focused ongoing Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
During your placements, you will cover a variety of Financial and Accounting areas allowing you to obtain a wide breadth of knowledge and an understanding of how a large organization works. Alongside visibility of a wide range of central finance functions e.g. Treasury, Mergers & Acquisitions & Investor Relations..
What we look for:
- To be a successful applicant to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme, you will need to demonstrate;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within a relevant field of study
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English)
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation
- The ability to be self aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
What you will need to apply:
- You must have a Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business, Economy or a related field.
- Other subjects would be considered with evidence of relevant experience or strong interest in finance
- Wanting to gain a CIMA membership status
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that depending on the number of applicants the posting can be taken offline earlier. If you are interested we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.