Who are we?
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
What will you do?
Santam Operations, Commercial Contact Centre (Policy Maintenance team) have an opportunity available for a Team Manager who will be based in Bellville.
The Team Manager will manage a team of contact centre consultants. Ensuring that the team reaches target(s) by monitoring individual performance on a constant basis. The team manager should also be knowledgeable on all aspects of the products, systems and processes. Mentors the team and gives constant real-time support in terms of query resolution.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Builds and maintains a high performing team which consistently delivers a "Wow" customer experience in terms of care, professionalism, knowledge and contact resolution
- Facilitates the sharing of best practice across teams to enable the delivery of high performance and the enhancement of the customer experience
- Inspires, leads, engages, coaches, develops and motivates a team of dynamic and successful customer-facing agents to deliver the best service in the insurance industry
- Manages people related matters i.e. attendance, absence and attrition within the team to ensure service level contributions are met/exceeded
- Manages and improves performance by focusing on strengths in staff performance as well as development areas to identify causes and issues and to work on addressing gaps
- and/or through written correspondence
- Ensure efficiency of service productivity and performance in the contact centre through the achievement of agreed quality assessment ratios and turn-around times
- Improve customer satisfaction, experience and insight
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Deliver exceptional customer service that exceeds customers' expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Ensuring achievement of underwriting and profitability objectives through internal processes.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on specific products, pricing, application procedure, processing and timelines in order to drive and achieve relevant product and service targets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed Matric (Grade 12)
- 2-3 years' people management experience
- 2-3 years' experience in an operational environment (preferably within the short-term insurance industry)
- A relevant short-term insurance related qualification will be advantageous
- FAIS compliance (NQF Level 4) - with credits in commercial or personal lines
Knowledge and Skills
Drive leads and service targets
Coaching, quality and compliance
Reporting and communication
Management of employees
Decision quality - Contributing independently
Interpersonal savvy - Contributing independently
Plans and aligns - Contributing independently
Directs work - Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters - Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently
Customer focus - Contributing independently
Drives results - Contributing independently
Collaborates - Contributing independently
Being resilient - Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.