Industry: Financial Services
Job category: Banking, Finance, Insurance. Stockbroking
EE position: Yes
The purpose of the Treasury Specialist is to provide assistance and support to the Head of Treasury Management.
Key Performance Area
- Ensure the Processing of banking entries and ad-hoc journals for all Oracle bank accounts and other bank accounts within the portfolio across AF Group entities.
- Inspect, investigate and resolve discrepancies in cash transactions
- Ensure all bank account transactions are matched and Oracle bank accounts and other bank accounts within the portfolio are reconciled and outstanding items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Understand, manage, and predict all aspects of cash flow, including monitoring daily cash requirements and forecasting cash flow requirements.
- Manage the opening, closing, and amendment of bank account and Investment account information of all Corporate bank accounts and Investment accounts for the AF Group and manage the internal controls for this process.
- Responsible for reporting and maintenance of AF Group Bank account universe
- Responsible for Credit risk counterparty analysis & AF Group bank account analysis and reporting
- Maintain static data of the Treasury Management solution
- Monitor import of bank statements and market data within the Treasury Management solution
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Financial Crime Control transactional monitoring and bank account screening requirements for all Banks accounts across the Group.
- Manage and monitor the Exchange
- Control compliance and reporting for all entities within the AF Group including:
- Processing of new applications.
- Renewal of Exchange Control approvals.
- To supervise that all Exchange Control-related transactions are correctly vetted and reported in accordance with Exchange Control Regulations.
- Maintain recordkeeping and correspondence between Exchange Control departments of Banking entities and AF Group.
- Be accountable for ensuring the integrity of information or data submitted to the Authorised Dealers or SARB.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers incl. Exchange Control departments of the various Banking institutions and Internal Compliance.
- Ad-hoc project work to ensure efficiencies and improvements within the Group Treasury department
Education and Experience
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Diploma or related accounting qualification or short course NQF
- 5-8 years experience in Treasury functions within the Financial Services Industry
- Needs to have a good business understanding of all entities and divisions across the Alexander Forbes Group
- Understanding of the Treasury process within Alexander Forbes Group
Knowledge and skills
- Values and judgment
- Innovative thinking
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- IT proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Reliable, committed, dedicated, and hard-working
- Time Management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Allocation of bank entries
- Cash flow management through Cash Flow Forecasting and assessing periodic liquidity needs
- Opening and closing of bank accounts and Investment accounts (including knowledge of the FICA process)
- Treasury payments to External parties
- Financial Crime Control transactional monitoring and bank account screening requirements
- Exchange Control Reporting and Compliance
- Credit risk and bank account analysis & reporting