About us, purpose, experience and qualifications
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank's Employment Equity plan The Bank supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. In order for us to fulfill this purpose, candidates can disclose their disability information on a voluntary basis. The Bank will keep this information confidential unless we are required by law to disclose this information to other parties.
Evaluates portfolio risks, makes final credit decisions and interacts with other departments regarding credit management strategies
experience and qualifications
- Degree or Diploma.
- Customer service experience of at least 1 to 3 years.
Additional information and responsibilities
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
- Drive an Increase in average balance of assets as defined in the Financial Performance Report of the business
- Reduce percentage of Non performing loans as a percentage of total performing book based on the business' performance
- Reduce Bad debts as a percentage of performing loans utilisation based on effective lending principals applied during approval
- Deliver exceptional Credit service that exceeds customers' expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME's, project managers and senior staff members
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure average approval turnaround time against target to ensure retention of clients.
- Credit approval focus by Assessing credit applications as part of Credit Panel
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Efficient management of high risk portfolio including timely identification of high risk clients, checking security and mitigating risk by taking outstanding and new security and reducing limits
- Manage and ensure compliance to the Basel II accord.
- Mange limits that are in excess of normal limit by reducing number against total limits
- Ensure proper implementation, upkeep and accuracy of the Credit system and the raising of accurate provisions
- Apply credit roadmap and debt restructuring principles including the proper application of credit principles and a proper understanding of liquidation and restructuring processes
- Preparation of presentation credit related reports
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies