The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI's Access Program approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need. CHAI's strategy to combat TB in South Africa is to identify more patients, diagnose earlier, and treat with the best available regimens, such that more lives are saved and transmission is interrupted.
The TB Analyst will be a critical contributor to CHAI's TB initiatives, which aim to ensure sustainable and broad access to quality care across South Africa. The Analyst will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from quantitative and qualitative analysis to collaborating with stakeholders to build workable and sustainable solutions to strengthen health care systems in South Africa. The Analyst will be expected to support areas of engagement relating to improvements in novel treatment and diagnostic commodities, supply chain, data integrity, market intelligence, forecasting and planning. We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding problem-solving ability and communication skills.
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, humility, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
The position may require 20-30% in-country travel.
The TB Analyst will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the TB Access Program Manager.
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical and analytical support to the client, in line with CHAI's TB Access strategy
- Collect and analyse country level clinical and procurement data for treatment and diagnostic commodities to support programmatic decision making
- Support in the preparation of strategic documents to inform programmatic interventions
- Present analytical findings to internal and external partners in a professional manner
- Ensure that annual work plan, and all other quarterly and routine reports are produced and delivered on time to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and donors
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key governmental stakeholders as well as other non-governmental partners to facilitate effective collaboration
- Develop thorough understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical landscape within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges and gaps in order to inform program development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in science, commerce or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant work experience in finance, management consulting, pharmaceutical, or other industries requiring a high level of quantitative/analytical skills
- Advanced problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, including significant experience in modelling and building models (using Excel or other modelling tools)
- Ability to carry out expert interviews and draw insights from market research
- Ability to carry out market assessments and estimations
- Working level of proficiency in data analytics tools such as Tableau; experience with handling big and unstructured datasets using Structured Query Language (SQL) and R is desirable
- Ability to absorb and concisely synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific, technical, and programmatic information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently and flexibly with a strong commitment to excellence
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and demonstrated ability to perform consistently at a high level in unstructured, high-pressure situations
- Proven experience in developing strong professional relationships with a range of key stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment; experience in government stakeholder engagement/management is desirable
- Ability to navigate complex governmental and organizational processes and favourably influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Should be able to travel as and when required