He aha te mea nui o te ao? He Tāngata, He Tāngata, He Tāngata. What is the greatest thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.
The Warehouse Group (TWG) is a New Zealand success story, evolving from a single The Warehouse store to become one of the largest multi-brand retailing groups in New Zealand. As a company, we're continuing our innovative and progressive journey - with bold new ways of moving forward, empowering teams and with more effective collaboration and communication, we have our customers top of mind and work purposefully together, "Helping Kiwis live better every day".
This role is in support of The Warehouse Groups (TWG) vision: "TO MAKE SUSTAINABLE LIVING EASY AND AFFORDABLE FOR EVERYONE". What drives and motivates you?
Based within our sourcing teams the Sustainable Products Lead will work closely with our buyers, sourcing teams, quality technicians and suppliers, to identify and fulfil opportunities to develop, source, manufacture, and market sustainable products.
We recognise that sustainability in product design, manufacture, use, and end of life is a complex journey of continuous improvement. The Sustainable Products Lead will play a critical role in guiding and resourcing this journey within The Warehouse Group.
You'll be responsible for:
- The development and delivery of the resources needed to guide the buying and sourcing teams in the design and manufacture of sustainable products.
- Paying close attention to industrial trends in sustainable product design and marketing.
- specifying how any claim(s) associated with a given sustainable product might be validated and provide this guidance to the relevant technical or quality teams.
- Identifying and maintain portfolio of key stakeholders. developing strong relationships with team members and key stakeholders to support task clarity and cross team collaboration, and communicating the tasks due at an operational level each week and looking forward
- Providing overall visibility of Sustainable Products category share trends and project statuses each month
With lots of opportunities to learn in real-time and develop your skills, you're a self-starter who takes ownership of your work, thrives when working at the fast pace of retail, and can collaborate with internal teams and build relationships with external suppliers. No two days are the same! You're an active problem-solver, curious in nature, and drive to find solutions.
Organisation, prioritisation and time management skills are your key strengths as you work efficiently to juggle priorities, manage workload and deliver to strict deadlines with ease! You will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, have a high attention to detail and robust organisational skills.
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification - Engineering / Product design / Environmental Science/ Industrial Design
- Deep understanding of the principles and key concepts associated with sustainable product design
- 5 years plus consumer product development and or manufacturing experience in at least one product category.
- Deep technical knowledge of several sustainable material types.
- Ability to convert ideas into actionable sourcing briefs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Analytical and numerical skills and experience
- Strong customer "sustainable and affordable living" focus
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience working with Design Software (Essential)
We offer a dynamic, flexible and supportive team environment working with like-minded people within a business that cares about and recognises individuals.
We also offer a range of benefits that work for you, your lifestyle and your career which include flexible working arrangements, team member discounts, wellbeing support, leave benefits and more!
MAKE SUSTAINABLE LIVING EASY AND AFFORDABLE FOR EVERYONE! don't hesitate. APPLY NOW!