- This is an exciting newly created role
- Coach and lead a team of 12 people
About Our Client
For over 140 years City & Guilds have worked with people, organisations and economies to help them identify and develop the skills they need to thrive. They understand the life changing link between skills development, social mobility, prosperity and success.
They partner with their customers to deliver work-based learning programmes that build competency, to support better prospects for people, organisations and wider society. They create flexible learning pathways that support lifelong employability, because they believe that people deserve the opportunity to (re)train and (re)learn again and again - gaining new skills at every stage of life, regardless of where they start.
They are a Royal Chartered Institute and a registered charity, everything they do is charitable. They invest their surplus into expanding and enhancing their solutions across all of their brands, to meet the changing needs of organisations and industries. And through our City & Guilds Foundation they amplify their purpose by focusing on high impact social investment, recognition and advocacy programmes which remove barriers to getting a job, celebrate best practice on the job and advocate for jobs of the future.
City & Guilds are looking for an experienced lead for their value propositions and innovation team who can help them develop and deliver world class value propositions that make a material difference to people's skills and employment prospects.
With a strong track record in conceiving and developing market leading value propositions that move the dial on skills, you'll lead their talented team as they continue to strengthen their existing offers in training, assessment and credentialing for the occupations of today and tomorrow.
You'll continue to develop their team, and help them focus their innovation on the key benefits that really make a difference to training and employment outcomes, and accelerate their growth and impact in the sectors they serve.
You will be the leader of Propositions, an essential team within City & Guilds Product & Services function, helping to define the Products and Services that they create.
- Lead the development of the current strategic value propositions and the development of new ones to underpin and support the business strategy and goals
- Own and develop the propositions strategy, roadmap, and pipeline
- Define and implement a framework for Value Proposition design and testing with the support of wider teams across the organisation
- Develop clear value blueprints that will inform their product and service design and work collaboratively with product managers to develop to the right customer led propositions
- Work with the leads in each of our sectors to deliver tangible functional, emotional, and self-expressive benefits that drive preference, purchase, and loyalty
- Work closely and collaboratively with product, bids and tenders, business development and account management teams to inform and influence the propositions pipeline
- Provide input into any investment and acquisition exploratory work in support of the wider City & Guilds strategy
- Provide information and data in support of GTM sales strategy and plans for new proposition launches working with product, sales, business development and account management teams
- Deliver business cases for new value propositions working with commercial team. Support product team in creating robust business cases to drive growth
- Work with commercial planning team to create robust commercials that deliver growth targets, and take part in financial planning
- Ensure there are clear commercials strategies when developing the value propositions to support business strategy and goals
- Hands on creation of value propositions and strategic proposals. Lead the team by example, and build a strong propositions function that supports the entire business
- Identify the need to build prototypes, models, or proof of concepts (POC) within value propositions for agile testing
- Own and lead on digital solutions that support the product requirements to ensure the customer outcomes are delivered
- Create solution designs for compelling value propositions
- Manage the creation of any prototyping, modelling or POC securing internal and/or external resources as required to deliver to time and budget
- Create a mindset of prototypes, test and learn, and champion this across the business
The Successful Applicant
- Proven record of leading the design and development of market leading value propositions
- Experience leading focused innovation that delivers tangible impact on customer preference
- Experience in customer experience design frameworks and building world class customer experiences
- Expertise in customer experience management and engagement
- Competency at presenting strategic proposals from Executive level down, including commercial strategy and go to market strategy development
- Ability to coach and develop the team to deliver value added propositions and strategic thinking
- A self-starter, able to manage work independently and who can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Ability to work in environment with challenging and evolving priorities.
- Confidence to deal with a diverse range of people at different levels of seniority
- A good team player with the potential for future leadership
- Exceptional leadership and people management capabilities
- Passion for personal development
What's on Offer
A salary of £90-£95K plus great benefits.
Hybrid and remote working in the UK will be allowed for this role. There will be occasional travel to London.
This role is permanent.
Quote job ref
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Page Executive.