Senior Finance Analyst
Edinburgh Contract: Full time, Permanent
£34,200 - 38,641 + excellent benefits
AJ Connect is partnering with a unique Higher Education organisation for a Senior Finance Analyst position.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to join an expanding Finance team based in Edinburgh. The main purpose of this role is to support the Finance Team in the management and forecasting of financial data for a specific area within the organisation - this role will have a research focus.
Our client is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. They have an ambitious and exciting vision which is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors. Key Responsibilities will include:
Skills and Experience
- Monthly Management Accounts - with a focus on research
- Annual Division Budget
- Divisional Support
- Monthly and Year End Project Reconciliations
- Identifying Division month end and year end Accruals and Prepayments
- Manage the research funding
- Forecasting Financial data for the research function.
You should possess proven experience management accounting, excellent Microsoft Office and mainframe skills and experience of project accounting.
- As a minimum, you should be a part qualified accountant / studying for professional accounting examinations.
- You should have Good Communication skills
- You have persuading skills
- You should have influencing skills
- You should have a pro active mindset
- You should have consulting skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone in your network who would be suitable, please contact Hamish Levein on the contact details provided.