Ideas | People | Trust
We're BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today's changing world.
Our clients are Britain's economic engine - ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high-growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We'll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate - like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you'll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you'll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We'll help you succeed
Reporting to the Payroll Team Leader, you will process payroll International assignments arranged between BDO member firms for the temporary transfer of staff and support the team on UK payroll processing when required. You will ensure employees are paid accurately and on time by completing a monthly pay run, whilst ensuring all queries are dealt with in line with the departments service level agreement.
* Accurate input of payroll data into the current payroll software ADP Freedom whilst ensuring deadlines are adhered to
* Liaise with HR/Rewards to ensure data received is complete and accurate
* Calculate Statutory Maternity Pay, Shared Parental Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay and Statutory Sick Pay
* Assist in ensuring payroll is completed and administered by agreed deadlines
* Engage and develop excellent working relationships with HR teams, Benefits, Rewards and Global Mobility
* Provide excellent customer service support on the Payroll Services Helpdesk by email and telephone and ensure that payroll enquiries are dealt with in a professional and timely manner
* Prepare, check and process manual payments.
* Become conversant with BDO's policies regarding all aspects of pay and benefits.
* Provide data to aid investigation of failure of correct payroll procedure processes.
* Comply with HMRC legislation at all times. Keep abreast of legislative changes and propose any necessary changes to ensure best practice and compliance.
* Administer all parts of the payroll process which may include payroll instructions, statutory withholding calculations, the funding process and the delivery of payments to assignees and the local authorities.
* Liaise with overseas offices to resolve queries and communicate these to the assignees.
* Upload, review and reconciliation of Global payroll output files
* Liaise with international offices to ensure Secondees' remuneration are correctly shadowed and reported for local tax and NI purposes.
* Operate correct PAYE liabilities for employees coming into or going out of the UK. Ensure correct NI Table Letter applied and correct NI deducted depending on the Employee's sending/receiving country's agreement in place.
* Ensure all necessary documents related to NI treatment are in place for all seconded employees into and out of the UK.
* Setup a Split Payroll for Long-term Outbound assignees and ensure that National Insurance liability is deducted via payroll.
* Liaise and support overseas member firms with ongoing operation of split pay; these include initial implementation for a new secondee, changes to remuneration whilst on secondment and monthly recharges reconciliation.
When you join us, we'll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We're looking for someone with:
* Payroll experience in a similar sized organisation.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel (Lookups, formulas and pivot tables) and Word.
* A qualification or currently studying for a professional payroll qualification
* Previous experience using ADP Freedom payroll software and Workday - desirable
* Have an in-depth knowledge of HMRC regulations
* Previous experience processing Expat/Global Mobility payroll - preferable but not necessary. Training will be provided
We're in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO's core values and we're proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we'll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we're working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you'll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we've invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO's people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we'll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you'll never stop learning at BDO
We're looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we're always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We've got a clear purpose, and we're confident in our future, because we're adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better