A hands-on finance manager is sought to oversee a small finance team for a long-established manufacturer in Huddersfield. You will act as number 1 in finance locally, reporting into the group CFO.
The successful applicant will be an experienced management accountant or finance manager, with a background in SME's and strong excel skills. Manufacturing experience would be highly sought after.
This will be a full-time office-based role in East Huddersfield.
Main duties of the role:
- Preparation and submission of management accounts reporting pack in accordance with Group timetable.
- Responsibility for annual budget preparation and submission in accordance with Group timetable.
- Prepare half year forecast and submission in accordance with Group timetable.
- Prepare statutory accounts for audit and submission of Group annual reporting package.
- Maintain and analyse standard costing for reporting and valuation purposes.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns.
- Check Corporation tax returns prepared by the auditors.
- Responsible for overseeing monthly payroll.
- Manage relationships with key business stakeholder
- Attend Business Control Team meetings.
- Prepare various reports as requested by management using MS Excel and IQMS SQL database using ODBC.
- Reconcile key nominal accounts in preparation for month end.
£40,000 - £45,000
IPS Finance has 40 years' experience in the Yorkshire accountancy recruitment market. We have built our business on long term relationships with both individuals and clients in all sectors, bringing real benefits to all concerned. Please visit our website to view the latest accountancy / finance and practice opportunities.