Essentra Packaging is a global provider of speciality secondary packaging solutions focussed on the healthcare and personal care sectors. We provide cartons, labels, and leaflets to over 800 pharmaceutical companies from our 23 facilities based in North America and Europe.
The Finance Analyst will have a primary remit of conducting a thorough analysis of the inflationary costs suffered in the individual sites in the UK & Ireland Region.
Initially focusing on the Bradford and Dublin (Airways) manufacturing sites, the ideal candidate will build and develop a robust Excel model that can be rolled out to the other four sites in a repeatable fashion, ensuring consistent outputs that can be reviewed and used by senior stakeholders to make informed and reliable pricing decisions.
An understanding of a complex and fast paced manufacturing facility is essential, as well as being able to manipulate and distil down complex datasets into meaningful information.
The initial package will be a 2 month contract with the possibility of being extended.
Working closely with the Site Finance Business Partners to understand the key areas of spend to focus on, including but not limited to:
- Base Raw Materials
- Maintenance Costs
Engaging across functions, including Procurement and Finance to collect documents, including invoices and contracts to document and record all findings
Building a robust model that not only analyses the past impact of inflation, but can also be used to track impacts to future periods, based upon inputs from cross functional departments - Procurement, Finance, Commercial
Having the ability to analyse and draw conclusions from complex datasets including raw manufacturing data, general ledger, accounts payable spend and payroll reports
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working in a complex manufacturing environment
- Excellent Excel skills, including the ability to build complex models, using VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS, INDEXING, MATCH, SUBSTITUTE, TRANSPOSE
- Ability to make such models usable for non-Excel experts, building in clear instructions making the updating of such models seamless
- Highly self-motivated and proactive approach, willing to provide help wherever needed
- Strong commercial focus
- Highly effective communication skills & ability to tailor communication to audience, opportunity & circumstances
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, having proven ability of extracting and manipulating large datasets
- Experience of working in a Finance or Procurement role is desirable
At Essentra we are ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, are passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.