NXTGEN have an outstanding opportunity for a Group Accountant to join a globally recognised manufacturing business based in Cambridge. This is a high profile and visible position in which the successful candidate can expect to play a key role in the delivery of monthly and quarterly consolidated reports for the group. The Group Accountant will also take ownership for the preparation of individual financial statements for some of the UK and European entities on a monthly basis. Working closely with a Finance Manager who is eager to develop the successful candidate, you will also have the opportunity to support with central management account preparation. A key deliverable within this Group Accountant role will be to lead the coordination of SOx and internal control testing and reporting, maintain high standards within the finance team.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support the Group Finance Manager with the delivery of the all technical group reports and quarterly consolidation packs for the parent company
- Preparation of UK financial statements and maintain the holdco records as required
- Support the preparation of group management accounts and play a key role in the preparation of the group annual budget
- Take responsibility for the review of internal financial controls and ensure SOx compliance across the group
- Work closely with the Group Finance Manager with some interesting Tax reporting including transfer pricing and potential M&A planning
- Ad hoc group project work
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a good technical accounting background. This role is ideally suited to those that are looking to make a first move from practice to industry. You will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of FRS 102 or IFRS and will be confident with group consolidation. Experience of internal controls and/or SOx would be desirable but not essential as training and support can be provided to those without hands on experience of SOx. This is a high profile and visible role so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills. Given the central nature of the role, there may be the opportunity to visit subsidiaries within Europe.
This is a fantastic role within a global market leader where the successful candidate can expect both in role development as well as promotional opportunities.