SRM are partnered with a Biggleswade based business who are looking for an experienced Financial Reporting Assistant to join their team of 25 in Finance. This role reports into the Financial Reporting Manager.
The successful candidate will contribute to the success and profitability, by assisting with the production of accurate monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial reports. Using initiative and collaboration skills, the role will ensure that the function achieves its objectives whilst maintaining a service to both internal and external customers within the framework for regulatory compliance
- Assist the financial reporting team with treasury, foreign and local VAT and statutory reporting.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts accurately on a monthly basis.
- Assist with ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in adherence to company policy and IFRS.
- Ensure all investments are approved in line with the internal authorisation procedure, and are reconciled to fixed asset register on a monthly basis.
- Producing and processing monthly journals, prepayments and accruals.
- Ensuring the profit and loss account is an accurate reflection of true costs by checking and verifying entries.
- Support the financial reporting team by producing material in transit (MIT) reports on a monthly basis.
- Support the financial control processes in place within the function by ensuring timely delivery of reports and requests.
- Assist with projects/ system implementation as and when required.
- Maintain a reputable reputation by ensuring that all financial matters are actioned in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Support other employees in the business to ensure that the company achieves its targets.
- Identify any improvements to systems that are required and communicate them to Financial Management, with suggested solutions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- GCSE grade A - C or 9 - 4 in four or more subjects including English language and Mathematics
- A level or equivalent standard qualification
- AAT Level 4 Qualification or equivalent, with the interest of pursuing further studies (ACCA/CIMA)
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to use excel at intermediate to high level (to include look ups and pivot tables).
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required