London Position Overview
Market Risk Manager - Equities
Market & Valuation Risk Management (MVRM) provides an independent view of market and valuation risks to Deutsche Bank's senior management and manages the Market & Valuation Risk position in an independent and neutral way. MVRM strives to incentivise the trading businesses to implement better risk management practices. MVRM is thus an important partner for the trading business and its contribution is central to ensuring that the levels of risk-return ratios for the Bank.
The role will focus on coverage of the ongoing Equity business managed on desks within the Investment Bank. This includes coverage of the Equity Capital Markets business within Origination & Advisory as well as the Corporate Derivatives business sitting within Financing.What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Constant awareness and understanding of the main risks taken by the Equity desk, challenging the desks when required
- Review of new trades in the Equity business, liaising with front office and other risk functions to understand the risk rewards of transactions, to aid their approval
- Ability to manage projects, needing to improve the risk capture and the understanding of the different Equity businesses
- Represent Risk on regulatory projects (such as stress testing, new capital models), ensuring the quality of the results produced for Equities, and reported to senior management, management updates, presentations, and speaker notes
- Design and drive the build out of tools to aid in quality reporting of risk and Risk Weighted Assets; leveraging the offshore resource base to execute these
How we'll support you
- You will have experience in market risk management, preferably in the equity space
- Familiarity / experience with key regulatory deliverables and developments in stress testing
- Familiarity with the building blocks of risk management (risk identification and risk appetite frameworks in particular)
- Bloomberg or Reuters experience would be advantageous
- Exceptional technical skills - Programming language experience (Python, R, Mathlab) also a distinct advantage
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.