The Project Data Controller will play a key role in maintaining the integrity and structure of the Project Systems within the SAP system by performing quality checks and acting as an approver of various processes. The role will partner with the various business units to provide guidance, support, and management reporting to stakeholders.
As part of this role the data controller will assist in the management and maintenance through the lifecycle of projects from Pre-Sanction phase through to capitalization of assets, via the sanctioning process and WBS structures, in line with accounting policies and control framework. This includes ensuring the integrity of data flows through the end-to-end project lifecycle process from interfaced systems, transaction processing, month end close activities, management reporting and associated SOX and business controls.
This is a high-profile role in a capital-intensive business where stakeholder management, accounting understanding and high-quality delivery on time is paramount. This role requires a dynamic and focused individual who is both able and keen to maintain and improve upon high standards across several ongoing deliverables, whilst engaging with key stakeholders at varying levels across the business .
• Management of the WBS structure to ensure information recorded and reported is timely, accurate and in line with accounting policies
• Ensuring that WBS processes are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
• Creation, amendment, maintenance & closures of WBS codes
• Business partnering with key stakeholders to provide guidance and SME support through all related processes named above
• Management of the related period end close processes
• Maintenance of the Project Templates and Project attributes, including management of any new templates and attributes required
• Reporting requirements including, but not limited to, capitalized interest quarterly forecasting and period end analysis as required
• Support on implementation of ad-hoc projects as required by the business
• Proactively support the implementation of policies and systems changes relating to Project Systems.
• Proactively monitor and maintain the integrity and quality of data within the system.
• Maintenance, support and development of SOX Controls and testing
• The role also includes several reporting responsibilities related to project systems, including:
• Supporting the delivery on interim and full year audits
• Point of contact for Deloitte for project systems master data queries and related controls
• Answer queries and liaise with the wider Finance function as required
• Provide support for RRP, annual and interim reporting
• Ad Hoc Reporting including
• Ad-hoc Finance Business Partner queries
Technical / Specialist Skills and Experience
• Reporting financial information
• External auditor requirements and delivery (Master Data)
• Project Systems Reporting (Master Data)
• Finance partnering
• SAP understanding
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV to be considered. Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities' employer