Supporting finance & procurement colleagues and reporting to the finance systems & change partner, this role plays a crucial part in helping us make the best use of our financial resources, by implementing improvements to our financial procedures, analysis and systems.
What will you be doing here?
You will be responsible for supporting and driving continuous improvement in financial planning, reporting and analysis through associated policies, processes and systems. This will encompass collaborating with colleagues from across the business and external consultants.
* Review, identify and implement systems/processes which will support and improve the timely, accurate and collaborative production of actuals, budgets and forecasts.
* Supporting the finance systems and change partner and other colleagues with the delivery of several key strategic and operational improvement projects, for example improving processes to ensure maximum recovery of VAT under our HMRC-approved VAT shelter.
* Supporting colleagues across the finance and procurement directorate on the design, implementation and maintenance of new and existing reporting tools and report creation.
* Improving fixed asset processes, reporting and reconciliations between systems/data sets and assisting in the preparation of the fixed asset notes and related schedules for the annual financial statements.
* Establishing and documenting formal processes and step by step procedure notes for a range of activities.
* Undertake research and develop proposals to improve financial reporting and regulatory compliance.
* Providing cover and support for other colleagues in the finance and procurement directorate, as required
Skills and experiences
* Experience of managing, maintaining and improving finance systems and processes, preferably in social housing or a similar asset-based businesses.
* Experience of analysing and interpreting large data sets and summarising key trends.
* Experience of financial planning, reporting and analysis.
* Experience of collaborating with both finance and non-finance colleagues across an organisation.
* Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication and digital skills, including experience of specialist finance systems and reporting tools.
* Strong problem solving, analytical and report writing skills.
* Experience of operating and improving financial information systems, data and automated reporting.
* Understanding of best practice and holistic approach to the design, delivery, embedding and evaluation of change.