Our Client is an established investment and asset management firm focused on Property and Construction assets.
They have instructed us to help them hire an experienced Fund Accountant to assist the financial accountant in preparing Fund Accounts, including preparing bank reconciliations, CIS returns, VAT returns and ad hoc reporting.
The role holder will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Maintaining property and fund accounting records to include book keeping entries and regular bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing data submission to index provider for calculation of fund performance.
- Reviewing monthly information received from property managers, querying inconsistences and assisting in providing oversight
- Reviewing invoices to ensure accurate recording and correct accounting
- Preparing VAT returns and reconciliations and monthly CIS returns.
- Responding to information requests and ad-hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhering to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
What you will bring
You should be qualified (2 years PQE) or studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACA, CIMA or Equivalent).
You MUST be a confident Excel user and be able to manipulate and analyse financial information.
Experience in London's Property Market and knowledge of property/accountancy systems such as Sage or similar would be advantageous.
You are expected to be a confident and professional self-starter with initiative and attention to detail.
If you are able to fulfil the above duties and, in addition, you are accurate, methodical and self-disciplined, able to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities, this could be an exciting opportunity to join well established business where over time there will be opportunities for your career growth and to assume greater responsibility within the team.
- CIS returns
- London's Property Market
- Fund Management