Established in 1994, The Fragrance Shop is the UK's leading independent fragrance retailer. Our aim is to make mainstream and luxury fragrances affordable and accessible to all. We showcase 100's of brands in over 215 stores throughout the UK, and online at www.thefragranceshop.co.uk. We are expanding and always looking for enthusiastic, talented and dedicated people to join the team, and be part of a growing and vibrant brand.
This is a hands-on multi-skilled role in a fast paced and results driven organization. It would suit someone who has excellent communication skills, is highly organized and who works methodically with a keen eye for detail and a desire to learn.
You will be a candidate who is self-motivated, conscientious and able to work under your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the Purchase Ledger and Stock Control functions, taking responsibility for the maintenance of the purchase ledger, and assisting with stock control processes and reporting. The role will suit a candidate that wants to expand their experience and knowledge beyond the Purchase Ledger function in a multi-disciplined Finance team.
- Inputting, coding, and processing invoices on a daily basis
- Preparing month end payment runs in accordance with company standards, and in line with internal controls (invoice authorisations and purchase order sign offs)
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations, with good maintenance of aged accounts
- Processing expenses in line with company policy
- Assisting with intercompany account reconciliations
- Assisting with insurance claims
- Assisting with fleet management
- Assisting with stock control procedures and reporting after gaining a full understanding of the multiple in-house stock and finance systems
- Assisting with weekly compliance analysis to target loss prevention investigations
- Liaising with stores to provide support with stock queries
- Managing the Click & Collect order lifecycle
- Managing procurement of store security equipment
- Managing and reviewing Security Guard rotas and invoice reconciliation
- Other ad hoc finance tasks as and when required
- Essential - 2 years' experience in a purchase ledger role or similar
- Essential - Good working knowledge of Excel and MS Office
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Nav would be a distinct advantage
- Effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Organised and methodical with an excellent eye for detail and the ability to prioritise
- Retail industry or multi-site experience is beneficial, as is any exposure to processing stock and rent/service charge purchase ledgers
- Multiple Systems Experience
- Experience working in a Finance/Accounting function
- Retail and Loss Prevention Head Office experience
What you can expect
Working at the UK's largest independent Fragrance Distributor you will get to work for a company who prides itself on outstanding customer service and delivering fragrance and beauty products in a manner which best meets our customer needs.
You can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to ensure a great customer experience. We offer very competitive salaries, along with flexible working options (including WFH allowance) and duvet days. In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.