A successful manufacturing business in Blackpool are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their finance team. Sitting as number 2 in finance, this position offers a combination of technical and commercial accounting duties including project involvement with much opportunity to add value to the finance function and business.
Established for over 30 years, the business has recently been acquired by a large multinational group of businesses and are continuing to grow organically and through entering new and emerging markets.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• A competitive starting salary which is dependent upon experience
• Flexibility around working hours and possibility of hybrid working once established in the position
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Death in service, 3 x salary
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will work in a friendly team of 7-8 finance staff and mentor junior team members. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts including commentary and analysis
• Providing reports as required by the parent company
• Develop manufacturing accounting reporting, processes and procedures
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Stock takes and product costings
• Budgeting and forecasting activities
• Working cross functionally, liaising with other departments to advise on financials and facilitate improvements where appropriate
• Key player in an upcoming SAP system implementation
• Supporting and covering for the Finance Director as required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced finance professional seeking a very hands on role which offers a good level of variation and autonomy. The successful candidate will be established in a similar level remit with knowledge of manufacturing accounting. Demonstrating strong IT skills including Excel, you will also be familiar with ERP systems, ideally SAP.
To summarise, this opportunity offers excellent variation with many commercial aspects and project involvement including system implementation. Due to business plans and forecasted growth, it is expected that this role will grow with further opportunities becoming available.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK