Senior Payroll Officer
Working Pattern: Full Time 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday, all year round
• Competitive pension scheme (LGPS)
• Training opportunities and skill development
• Employee Benefits (season ticket loans, cycle scheme, etc)
• Flexibility with at home working following training stage
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working Senior Payroll Officer to ensure the Payroll Team deliver an accurate, timely and efficient payroll service to our client and provide high quality internal customer service to employees and clients.
Duties & responsibilities to include:
• Accurately input data into the Payroll system to ensure that appropriate employee details are correctly set up and calculated in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
• Complete month end processing including posting journal into finance system and balance sheet reconciliation
• Take a proactive approach to ensure the effective management and development of staff within the Payroll team, planning and organising the resources to meet the service requirements whilst ensuring workflow and technical content evenly shared between the teams and individuals
• Certified payroll qualification (or willing to study)
• Understanding of payroll legislation and experienced in running payrolls (In-House preferred but not essential)
• Advanced knowledge of pay and conditions of service for Local Government staff and teachers
• Computer literate especially confidence in using Excel (Intermediate or Advance Level in Excel required)
• Self-motivation and organisational skills to work to meet deadlines.
• Initiative and ambition to develop professionally.
If you think you have the skills and experience required, click apply today!
Or get in contact and call Joan Collins on
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.