An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to join a well-respected client of Core Asset's in the role of Head of Group Financial Reporting at the firm.
This is a senior position with responsibility for all IFRS and Solvency II reporting for the firm, production of Group management information and managing the central entities function. The Group reporting team comprises both accountants and actuaries, with 6 direct reports. This role will suit someone who has extensive financial reporting experience, ideally within a listed company.
- Experience of financial leadership within complex, global financial services businesses, some specific life and pensions and/or asset management knowledge is essential
- Detailed knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislatory frameworks
- Knowledge of the firm's products, systems and distribution methods
- Good knowledge of industry trends, best practice and developments, good networks / links with external bodies and individuals in the same field
- Significant experience of delivering listed-entity reporting.
- Experience of leading teams and of providing leadership to technical specialists
- Significant experience of insurance accounting, including requirements of UKGAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge and understanding of processes and controls required to operate both Group-level and head office deliverables
- Significant experience of leading the production and delivery of reporting processes in a life and pensions organisation. Asset management experience is also beneficial
- IFRS17 knowledge would be beneficial
- To lead the overall production of the Annual Report and Accounts, Preliminary Announcement and Interim Report
- To lead the overall production of the combined Group and solo entity Solvency 2 Solvency and Financial Condition Report
- To lead the overall production of Board and Group Executive Committee management information
- Own Group accounting policies and ensure embedded in business unit and Group reporting
- Ensure changes to the Group accounting policies or new accounting standards are implemented in all Group external reporting
- Own methodology for the Group's key financial performance metrics
- To lead the production of finance papers required for the Group Audit Committee
- To lead or support the delivery of finance change projects that impact on the Group reporting process
- Lead the head office function responsible for entity accounting and reporting of the Group holding companies and the firm.
- To liaise with the external auditors, recently transitioned to PwC, ensuring that timescales are communicated and agreed and the auditors' requirements are met to ensure timely completion of their work
- To maintain effective working relationships with other teams in the firm's finance ensuring that Group reporting needs are communicated, understood and met
- To lead the Group Financial Reporting team ensuring a culture of effective performance management is embedded
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customer outcomes and a reduction in the firm's operational risk
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14971
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website