Red Snapper Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced Commercial professional to work as a Commercial Analyst on full-time, long-term contract with a London-based Police Force.
This role is an integral part of Commercial Services. In 2020, the MPS Commercial Function revised its operating model, establishing six Pillars which have overall accountability for activity covering the commercial life cycle, as well as relevant Business Partnering responsibilities across the wider business. This role will manage the relationship between SSCL, MPS Finance, MPS commercial Services, the business and Suppliers.
Purchase to Pay (P2P) is an exciting and varied role, the role covers the activity of post contract agreement e.g. raising of purchase orders through to payment of invoices. The main system is PSOP which this activity occurs on and there are various interfaces including:
* Procurement via Catalogues (within PSOP and on a market place NPPH)
* Government Procurement Card
* NUMS (National Uniform Managed Service)
* Other key procurement interfaces into PSOP such as Tranman (Fleet)
You will contribute to delivering Commercial Excellence for the Met, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor. You will also support development of relationships with MPS's key and strategic suppliers, driving value for money and risk management excellence across the category.
The role will enable you to develop your skills, experience and knowledge of business, commercial and procurement principles, processes and practices. It will also provide training opportunities for your continued professional development.
Primarily, you will be managing the aged debt for the MPS suppliers and supporting internal and external users through the P2P process.
What does the average day look like? Your core duties will include (but are not limited to):
* Providing administrative support to commercial colleagues on ad-hoc basis as part of the team supporting business as usual and project activities
* Assisting in month end reporting and audit reporting.
* Strategic delivery and management of the category:
* Assisting with development of category strategies for all relevant expenditure
* Investigating aged items and resolving invoice discrepancies. Report Aged debt position to the P2P functional Lead
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant contracts and upholding internal controls
* Ensuring effective Commercial Contract and Supplier Management within the category:
* Undertaking contract management actions such as contract administration, monitoring supplier performance and managing supplier relationships.
* Maintain master data such as location codes and provide cover for vendor management team
* Providing Commercial support and guidance to a range of internal and external stakeholders
* Query management and resolution for both internal and external users
* Enabling and developing the MPS:
* Working closely with the Commercial Team and SSCL for an efficient end to end P2P process
* Analysing data from corporate commercial systems (on/off contract spend) to help identify and drive value for money, efficiency and best practice opportunities
* Support the P2P Functional Lead with continuous improvement project
* Experience of working within a commercial function and/or applying the principles of value for money.
* A basic understanding of the principles of category management and/or the contract lifecycle.
* Effective communicator who can build working relationships with a range of colleagues and stakeholders.
* Able to proactively manage own workload to deliver to deadlines and know when to seek support.
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with enquiries, requests, complaints/escalations in a professional and proactive manner.
* Able to analyse and interpret diverse and often complex sets of information.
* Extremely competent user of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent attention to detail, working to a high level of accuracy.
* Basic understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, as well as relevant Public Sector processes, policy and governance
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org