Title: Assistant Tax Manager
Hatfield (with hybrid-working)Duration:
We are a dynamic and friendly team of tax experts who own and are responsible for Computacenters UK tax compliance.
Were a forward-thinking team of tax enthusiasts, constantly evolving or practice and processes in line with conditions in the UK and globally.
As a close-knit team we offer support, progression and a recognise the importance of a good work/life balance.What youll be doing
Reporting to the UK Tax Manager, youll immerse yourself in all things tax related within our UK operation. This will include:
Tax compliance and advisory
UK Tax Compliance - responsible for first review and some preparation of:
- UK VAT compliance (liaising with external compliance advisors) and advisory (assessing issues received from the business and support them with tax advice)
- Foreign VAT and statistical reporting in eight foreign tax jurisdictions combination of in-house compliance and managing external advisors
- UK Corporation tax, including R&D (Research and development) managing external and internal stakeholders but no technical expertise required
- Withholding tax reporting for a branch in Singapore
- PAYE Settlement Agreement reporting, Appendix 4 (employment taxes).
Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) preparation - keeping the tax register up to date on an on-going basis.
Tax accounting review of UK balance sheet reconciliation of tax accounts.
Transfer pricing (TP) and intercompany transactions management
What youll bring
- Support of TP documentation completion CBCR (Country-by-country reporting), Master file, Local files Ad-hoc internal TP audits
- TP compliance log - maintain a compliance log for TP documentation required across the Group
- Group companies waivers - royalty, dividend, interest exemption certificates - review and management of their availability in a proactive manner
- Group compliance overview review and management of the tax compliance tool.
Were looking for an experienced Tax Accountant, someone enthusiastic about all things tax related and be looking to work in a team where youll get great exposure to this evolving market and looking to progress over time.
Youll also need:
- To be self-organised
- To demonstrate the ability to manage the compliance timetable proactively resulting in sufficient headroom for the statutory compliance
- To demonstrate full ownership of compliance issues and resolution
- Experience of coaching and developing Tax Analyst and Tax admin
- Experience of identifying and proposing solutions of process improvement and automation
- Experience of ensuring process documentation is up-to date for all tasks.
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, with about 18,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £6.7 billion (2021). We work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers infrastructures.
We offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy. We are looking for professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
Interested in joining a company with a strong sense of community?
Were growing. Were hiring. We encourage. We empower. We support.#winningtogether #peoplematter