Kingsteignton, South Devon
We're Shared Lives South West. We're an award-winning charity that delivers long-term and short break care and support services throughout Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
We recruit, train and support carers who offer accommodation in their own home to people with care and support needs. This enables them to share in family life, develop skills and maintain their independence.
We are rated 'Outstanding' by The Care Quality Commission and take pride in providing top quality care and support.
Having been established for more than 15 years, we have a wealth of experience and expertise when it comes to supporting adults with care and support needs and enabling our carers to provide support within their own homes.
We are now looking for a Finance Officer to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £24,278 per annum
- 25 days' paid leave per year in addition to Bank Holidays (rising to 27 after two years)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- A supportive approach to family commitments including paid dependency leave
- A proactive approach to well-being including well-being hour, support with medical appointments and generous sick leave
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 24-hour employee support line
- Death in Service insurance
- Personal accident and travel insurance cover
This is the ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic finance or accounting professional with an entry level bookkeeping qualification and great Sage skills o join our wonderful charity.
We will give you all the support you need to develop yourself and your skills, realising your potential and taking your experience to the next level.
What's more, you will be part of a charity that makes a real difference in the lives of the people we support.
So, if you are ready for the next stage of your career within a positive and supportive team environment, we want to hear from you.
As a Finance Officer, you will undertake a range of bookkeeping and finance activities to support the effective delivery of our financial systems and processes.
Specifically, you will make payment runs for long term care and support finances and complete weekly payment runs for suppliers, short breaks and respite finances and personal allowances for the people we support.
As well as processing incoming invoices and outgoing payments, you will handle staff expenses and manage cash-flow records, maintain account details for Carers and manage various financial reports.
Your role will also involve:
- Assisting with monthly payroll
- Producing cash flow and debtor reports
- Supporting the Short Breaks and Respite service
- Aiding the Funding and Benefits team
To be considered as a Finance Officer, you will need:
- Sound financial knowledge
- Experience of developing strong working relationships
- The ability to record and analyse financial data and produce reports thereon
- Extensive experience of Sage software, or similar, and Microsoft Office
- A calm and methodical approach to prioritising tasks and deadlines
- An entry-level qualification in bookkeeping, e.g. AAT, ICB, IAB, or similar
Experience of working for a charity or social care organisation would be advantageous but is not essential.
The closing date for applications is 4th October 2022.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Officer, Accounts Receivable Officer, or Payroll Administrator.
So, if you're seeking a varied career as a Finance Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency