My Client is a Local Government Organisation based in Bath who is looking to recruit to a 12 month FTC role.
Your brief is to carry out detailed business analysis and financial modelling associated with Waste Service Proposals to inform Council Financial planning for both future capital and revenue
- To understand how resource requirements arise for Service Provision for each of the current collection services, the public recycling centres, and subsequent transfer operations.
- To understanding how resources will change to reflect
- Relocation to new depot, transfer station and public recycling centre in Keynsham and other property related proposals - including assessment of impact on collection rounds and the new transfer operation no longer compacting in containers.
- Relocation of recycling centre in Bath.
- How household growth and tonnage growth projections will impact on collection capacity requirements
- To anticipate funding requirements and opportunities from Emerging Waste Legislation.
- To explore key proposals to address to climate & nature emergency declaration, including fleet replacement with electric vehicles and increased Waste Strategy targets.
- Review of the demand-led model for waste disposal to include tonnage and contract inflation.
- Identify risk and uncertainty any analysis put forward
- Staff planning modelling to including establishment, overtime, cover pool and agency workings.
- Vehicle resource plans, including fuel and servicing costings
- Costed Capital Asset Replacement programme and upgrades, including identifying asset lives and borrowing costs.
- Costed Budgets on these resource plans, illustrating the key cost drivers and reconciled to existing budget performance / control totals.
- Growth and Efficiencies arising in future years, including alternative options, including where one-off costs which may require support from reserves.
- Consolidate methodologies with other Council services and finance teams.
- Developing benchmarking and understanding differences with other local authorities, especially with WoE partner councils.
Required experience and skills
- Extensive experience of Management Accounting for Operational Services
- Experience of business analysis project work, including budgeting and forecasting, planning and monitoring, variance analysis, pricing, reporting and defining business requirements
- Clear and concise presentations to Senior Management Groups and Decision Makers.
- Ability to listen and communicate to service managers, applying critical thinking to responses received and agree conclusions reached.